Street Meet – Wattle Grove
21 October 2023 : 9:30 AM - 21 October 2023 : 11:30 AM
The City of Kalamunda is uniquely placed in the Darling Ranges, with the region being renowned for its beautiful Jarrah and Marri forests, walking trails and native flora and fauna. The natural beauty of the region however, significantly increases the area’s risk to bushfire. Bushfires have the capacity to strike without warning and provided with the right environmental conditions, can quickly exceed firefighting resources, devastating community, properties, and infrastructure, while posing great risk to the loss of human life.
It is for this reason, that it is imperative that both the wider community and individual households are supported in engaged in bushfire preparedness, awareness and survival planning. If you’ve not yet joined your local Bushfire Ready Group we encourage you to do so! Bushfire Ready is a local community action program aimed at encouraging local residents to work together in preparing and protecting their families and properties against bushfires.
The next Bush Fire Ready Group Street Meet is being held on:
🎫 Street Meet – Bush Fire Ready Group in Wattle Grove
📅 Saturday, 21 October 2023📍 Corner of Lancelot Green & Gillings Parade, Wattle Grove
⏰ 9.30 – 11.30am
ℹ️ Are you Bushfire Ready? Come along to meet our Bushfire Ready Group to learn about keeping safe in this area.
The benefits of forming a Bushfire Ready group include:
- Increasing your understanding of bushfire risk around homes, streets and the immediate surrounding bush land in your area
- Support for developing your own Bushfire Survival Plan
- Opportunities for meeting neighbours to develop support networks that may be needed in a bushfire emergency
- Learning about bushfire behaviour
- Reducing the cost that bushfire has on life, property and the environment
- Developing realistic expectations of the capabilities and limits of emergency services during a bush fire
- Finding out where and how to access information during a bush fire
How can you get involved in your local Bushfire Ready group? Bushfire Ready Groups are already operating in several areas. To find out if your area has a Bushfire Ready Group or to form a group in your local area contact the DFES Community Engagement Team on:
T: 9395 9816
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Owners, the Whadjuk Noongar People as the Custodians of this land. We also pay respect to all Aboriginal community Elders, past, present and future who have and continue to reside in the area and have been an integral part of the history of this region.