Local Emergency Management Committee (LEMC)
Contact name :
City of Kalamunda - Fire and Emergency Management
Contact number :
(08) 9257 9999
Current expiry term :
LEMC is formed under the Emergency Management Act 2005 as community focused, coordinated approach to the management of all potential emergencies within a City of Kalamunda. It is a requirement for each local government in Western Australia to provide
access to their LEMA and to publish on their website.
City of Kalamunda Local Emergency Management Arrangements is to document
the emergency management arrangements that are in place and ensure a common
understanding between agencies and stakeholders involved in managing emergencies within
the municipality, which will facilitate a coordinated and consistent approach to managing
Under section 38 of the Emergency Management Act 2005, a local governments is required to establish Local Emergency Management Committee (LEMC).
The LEMC are to:
- Assist as key players in SEMC Arrangements
- Provide expert knowledge about their local communities and environment
- Assist in reviewing and maintaining of the LEMA by ensuring all legislative responsibilities are met.
- Oversee, plan and test the LEMA
- To carry out other emergency management activities as directed by the SEMC or prescribed by the regulations.
- Assist and/or manage recovery during or after an emergency
More information about the City's Emergency Management and Committees is available here.