Kalamunda Economic Development Advisory Committee (KEDAC)
Contact name :
City of Kalamunda
Contact number :
(08) 9257 9999
Current expiry term :
The City of Kalamunda is seeking nominations for a new economic development advisory committee to assist and advise Council.
The Kalamunda Economic Development Advisory Committee (KEDAC) will provide information and advice
about the current and emerging trends in economic development and to provide guidance in the implementation of the City’s Economic Development
- Promote the Economic Development Vision to establish the City as a business destination spoilt for choice with a diverse mix of natural assets and employment drivers that complement each other in delivering locally sustainable jobs and businesses.
- Assist the City to foster strong relationships with Economic Development stakeholders, including peak bodies and government agencies.
- Provide advice on current initiatives, opportunities or gaps in the promotion of Economic Development.
- Provide advice to Council to guide the implementation of the Economic Development Strategy.
- Provide advice that leverages community expectations in promoting the strengths and opportunities in Economic Development.
- Provides a forum for sharing information relating to Economic Development opportunities within the City.
- Provide advice and give consideration of how Economic Development can be integrated and aligned in other key informing City Strategies and Plans.
The Advisory Committee is to be made up of 14 members comprising:
- Two Elected Members including either the Mayor or Deputy Mayor plus one other.
- Up to two small to medium enterprise operators within the City of Kalamunda.
- One aboriginal business operator within the City of Kalamunda.
- Up to three industry representatives from within the City of Kalamunda with at least one representing either the Freight and logistics, manufacturing and/or construction sectors.
- Up to two members representing economic or business organisations operating within the City of Kalamunda
- A representative from the Kalamunda Chamber of Commerce
Term of Appointment: Appointment is for up to two years and members are eligible for re- appointment following the Council Ordinary Election.
Open: 9 July 2020
Close: 5pm on Tuesday 4 August 2020Further information available from Engage.Kalamunda