This is a moderately difficult loop walk in the Mundy Regional Park with several steep climbs and descents.
1. A power line post near the large tank. Go through the white gate and down the hill.
2. A junction of four tracks. Take a sharp right, taking the first right exit, and walk down hill. At the bottom of the hill, cross a small water course.
3. Turn left at the T junction.
4. At the top of the hill, underneath a power line, turn left and follow the power line. Looking back, there are views of the City, Forrestfield and the industrial areas of Welshpool.
5. Skirt around but do not go through the white gate on to Panoramic Terrace.
6. Make a steep climb up an access track under a power line, and turn left before reaching the top. Follow the contour of the hill
7. At the crossroads, turn left and descend on a loose rocky track.
8. Look for a Shire of Kalamunda walk trail sign on a tree and cross a concrete culvert across a water course.
9. Take the left fork.
10. Ignore track to the right.
11. At the junction, take the second exit, and retrace the first part of the walk back to the start point.
Note: It is possible to continue up the hill from point 6, almost to the sealed road, and then follow a track along the contour of the hill, rejoining the main walk at point 7. The climb up is extremely steep, but there are good views to the coastal plain and the north.
To help reduce the spread of Phytophthora Dieback along this walk trail and in the surrounding area: