A walk of moderate difficulty, in the Beelu National Park incorporating parts of several other walk tracks – the Bibbulmun Track, the Winjan Track and the Munda Biddi Track, passing through Jarrah and Wandoo woodland.
1. Leave the car park in a northerly direction past the toilet block.
2. Turn left onto the main track.
3. Turn right, skirting to the right of the farm buildings.
4. Pass a house with a tiled roof; continue straight ahead down hill ignoring a track to the right.
5. Take the track to the right, leaving the fence and head uphill. In addition to the green markers, you will also see Munda Biddi and bridle path markers. The track crosses an area where the granite is close to the surface – a profusion of flowers in spring.
6. Cross a small creek bed and continue uphill, ignoring the Munda Biddi track to the left, and also other tracks leaving the main track.
7. Take the left turn at the T Junction. At the bottom of the hill turn right having rejoined the Munda Biddi Trail.
8. After the Munda Biddi Trail leaves the track, proceed straight ahead for 40 metres, and turn right on to the Winjan track and the Bibbulmun track. On this section to the power line, look down into Helena Valley and to Mundaring Weir. Go straight through a fairly major cross road.
9. Your position can be confirmed here by passing under the power line.
10. Turn left and continue on the Bibbulmun Track to South Ledge picnic area. From here you can walk 300 metres to the Golden View lookout, with great views to the Mundaring Weir and the Number 1 Pumping Station, and a profusion of wild flowers in the spring.*
11. From the South Ledge picnic area, walk out on South Ledge road, looking carefully for a blue marker indicating the turn off to the track. If you reach signs to South Ledge you have gone too far.
12. Turn off South Ledge road into the remnants of a pine plantation
13. Look carefully for a trail marker on a short post, and turn right along a gravel track.
14. Take the left fork
15. Take the left fork
16. Take the fork to the right, straight down the hill
17. At the edge of an old pine plantation, take the left fork up the hill
18. Veer to the right
19. Take the left fork
20. Another left fork, within sight of the car park
21. Completion of loop
Note: It is possible to shorten this walk. From point 10 on the map, leave the Bibbulmun track and walk out to South Ledge Road, rejoining the main walk at point 12