This is a moderately difficult walk with some steep climbs and descents, best done in the cooler months after a rain. The birdlife is abundant.
Trail markers for this walk are pink
Start point: Car park off Hardinge Road. Leave the car park past the playground. Follow the path and head towards the right of the dam wall.
1. Reach Hardinge Road and turn left.
2. Reach a roundabout at the end of Hardinge road and continue through the white gate on a track marked "Katamoorda Heritage Trail."
3. Turn left and follow the chain link fence down the hill.
4. At the bottom of the hill, veer right and cross a water course on a small wooden bridge. Walk upstream following the water course.
5. At this point, turn left, leave the creek and head uphill on a badly eroded road.
6. Leave the road and take a track to the left.
7. Reach a reference point where there are great views of Bickley Reservoir.
8. A granite outcrop with Wandoo trees. There are sweeping views of the valley towards the city and coastal plain.
9. Reach the summit of the climb. There are several paths which leave the summit, take the third exit from the "roundabout" and proceed downhill. On this steep descent, the wall of Victoria Reservoir can be seen in the distance.
10. At this point, you will rejoin the uphill track. This is waypoint 6 on the outward track.
11. Deviate left and cross the creek. This is waypoint 5 on the outward track.
12. Once across the creek, walk on up to Hardinge Road.
13. Retrace your steps to the end of the walk at the car park.
To help reduce the spread of Phytophthora Dieback along this walk trail and in the surrounding area: