NRPG Christmas Social and Speaker
06 December 2021 : 6:00 PM - 06 December 2021 : 7:30 PM
Join the Nature Reserves Preservation Group Inc (NRPG) for their Christmas social gathering and guest speakers Jeff Bremer and Jennie Wise
NRPG are thrilled to celebrate the recent WA government announcement to end native forest logging, but another major threat - bauxite mining -remains.
Jeff Bremer (Jarrahdale Forest Protectors) and Jennie Wise (Dwellingup Discovery Forest Defenders) will tell us more about it and discuss alternatives to help stop this expansion.
Light snacks will be provided from 6pm before a start at 6:30pm. (Food and drinks can also be purchased from the pub)
Enjoy an evening learning about:
- Opportunities to build on the recent decision to end native forest logging.
- The impact of bauxite mining on biodiversity, water supplies, bush fires etc.
- The hidden costs borne by taxpayers and real alternatives for a better future.
- Threats to paddling, camping, walking, riding and eco-tourism in general.
- Effective ways you can help stop the expansion of mining in WA forests.
RSVP recommended due to limited spaces.
43 Railway Road,
Kalamunda Hotel (upstairs)
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Owners, the Whadjuk Noongar People as the Custodians of this land. We also pay respect to all Aboriginal community Elders, past, present and future who have and continue to reside in the area and have been an integral part of the history of this region.