Jorgensen Park was the site of the original Kalamunda Golf Club, which moved to Forrestfield in 1972. In some places the walk follows the old fairways, and in part incorporates some of the Bibbulmun Track. A moderately easy, pleasant loop walk.
1. Leave the car park at Jorgensen Park. Go through the treated pine fence and walk in an easterly direction on a well worn track down the middle of an old fairway.
2. Reach the end of the fairway; deviate right past a small clump of blackboys and continue on a marked path. There are houses and a fence on the right.
3. At the corner of the fence veer left and continue down hill on the track.
4. A track runs off to the right, going steeply downhill. Eventually this track meets Schipp Road. Ignore this track and turn left here and continue on the marked track.
5. Look for a wooden Bibbulmun Track sign at this point. Above it is a red walk trail sign. Turn right and walk along a narrow track towards a look out over the Helena Valley.
6. A lookout point overlooking the Helena River Valley with glimpses down the valley to the coastal plain.
7. Walk to the left of a Kalamunda National Park sign. Leave the Bibbulmun Track which at this point descends into the valley and continue on the walk track.
8. Continue across the end of the fairway coming in from the left. Go straight ahead and rejoin the Bibbulmun track.
9. Turn right at a wooden post with a Bibbulmun track marker on it.
10. At the bottom of the hill cross the end of the fairway. There is a small water course here. Turn left.
11. Turn left off the Bibbulmun track and cross the small water course. Walk up the fairway to your right and complete the walk at the Kalamunda Learning Centre.
To help reduce the spread of Phytophthora Dieback at Jorgensen Park: