Ray Owen Reserve
This public open space contains several City facilities including:
- Ray Owen Sports Centre:
- 6 indoor courts with LED lighting and 10 outdoor netball courts.
- a social room for hire for meetings or presentations, with capacity to hold 30 people; chairs and tables available;
- a kiosk facility which may be made available upon request for large bookings.
Kalamunda and Districts Basketball Association: (08) 9291 7600.
Kalamunda and Districts Netball Association: (08) 9291 8763.
- BMX Track and Club house: Hills BMX
- Football: Kalamunda & Districts Football Club - Kalamunda Cougars
- Cricket: Lesmurdie Mazenod Cricket Club
- Natural Reserve
Local schools and groups are encouraged to utilise the facility for casual sporting use and carnivals.
The City of Kalamunda is embarking on the development of a Master Plan for the popular reserve to guide its sustainable development into the future.
Find out more here
During the evenings and weekends, the Kalamunda and District Netball and Basketball Associations utilise the centre for games and training.
Find out more about the Program & Services available at Ray Owen Sports Centre here
About this Park
In honour of Ray Owen (1905 - 2003) who was member of the Darling Range Roads Board 1947 – 1961, served as a State Member for various terms from 1944, and was an integral part of the community and horticulture industries. Ray was declared the first Honorary Freeman of the Shire in 1966.
Phone: (08) 9359 1700
96 Gladys Road
- Available for Hire
- Car Park
- Cooling / Heating
- Disabled Access
- Disabled Toilet
- Drink fountain
- Kitchen Facilities
- Public Toilets
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Owners, the Whadjuk Noongar People as the Custodians of this land. We also pay respect to all Aboriginal community Elders, past, present and future who have and continue to reside in the area and have been an integral part of the history of this region.
© City of Kalamunda 2023