Distance: 3 ½ kms return
Time: 1 – 1½ hour
Location: The western end of Orange Valley Road, Kalamunda. An alternative start point is at the northern end of Lewis Road, Forrestfield.
Description: This is a reasonably easy walk in the Mundy Regional Park, although there are a few rocky descents. Beautiful wildflowers in spring.
Dogs Permitted: Please keep your dogs on leads unless signage permits otherwise.
The trail markers are Shire of Kalamunda markers with a pink corner.
Start point: The end of Orange Valley Road.
1. Leave the turn around and walk down the right hand side of the creek. Please note: left and right are with reference to the direction of the flow of the creek.
2. Ahead is a bridge across the creek. This is an intersection with the Lewis Road walk. Do not cross the bridge.
3. The site of a house that spanned the creek in the 1960s. Just downstream from here, cross the creek and continue down the left side of the creek.
4. The car park at the end of Lewis Road; the alternative start point; and the downstream intersection with the Lewis Road Walk.
5. Retrace your steps to the crossing just below the old house ruins. Continue up the hill keeping the creek on your left.
6. Do not cross the bridge, continue upstream.
7. Return to the car park.
To help reduce the spread of Phytophthora Dieback along this walk trail and in the surrounding area:
- Don’t spread soil or mud around bushland, in particular during spring & autumn;
- Stick to tracks & paths;
- Observe signage in your local bushland reserve and stay out of quarantined areas in bushland.