Moderately easy walk with only a few steep parts, lovely views of the pipe head dam and beautiful orchids late spring.
Start: End of sealed road; there is room to park.
1. Take the left fork. The first part of the track is following the unmade Helena Valley Road.
2. Cross a dry water course with a steel bridge and a locked gate.
3. Continue on the track, good views of Pipe head Dam.
4. At this point, veer away from the river and head uphill.
5. At T-Junction, take the right fork at the Shire sign. This is the furthest point of the walk.
6. A track converges from the left near an old car body.
7. Ignore track to the right.
8. Cross an open area and through the white gate.
9. Rejoin main road and turn left.
10. Return to start.
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Owners, the Whadjuk Noongar People as the Custodians of this land. We also pay respect to all Aboriginal community Elders, past, present and future who have and continue to reside in the area and have been an integral part of the history of this region.