Check out the A-Z Disposal Guide for items which can be recycled, reused or disposed of safely including at stations. View associated Fees & Charges.
What do I do with my soft plastic in terms of recycling?
Soft Plastics such as plastic bags, cling wrap and chip packets currently cannot be recycled within the City of Kalamunda’s waste system. Until a soft plastic recycling system is established there are many alternatives that can be used. These include:
- Refuse – Instead of using single use plastic bags invest in reusable shopping bags such as Onya bag or Canvas bags
- REDcycle – offers recycling for soft plastics through drop off locations such as Coles. You can collect soft plastics such as chocolate wrappers, chip packets and bubble wrap.
If you are wondering what to do with any items you no longer need, why not do a garage Sale. Why not join the Garage Sale Trail.
Why not donate to local op shops, list on sites such as gumtree, quokka, eBay, freecycle.org, or Facebook buy, sell, and swap groups.
Contact local charitable organisations such as:
Good Sammy’s: goodsamaritan.com.au or call 9463 0500
The Salvos: salvosstores.com.au or call 13 72 58
Yellow-Top Recycling Bin
Is provided to each household - this is collected fortnightly. refer to Pages 8 and 9 of your Recycling Guide phamplet for full recycling A-Z listing.
Please refer to the waste services > collection section for full details of bin schedules and services.
Some of the items that can be placed in Recycle Bins:
- Glass Bottles & Jars (remove lids)
- Steel, Aluminium Cans & Aerosols (empty)
- Paper, Newspaper, Magazines & Cardboard
- Plastic Bottles & Containers (remove lids)<
- Milk & Juice Cartons
DO NOT PLACE in Recycle Bins:
- Dirt & Soil
- Plastic Bags
- Hazardous Waste (e.g. Batteries, Light globes)
Paintback provides this FREE service and is the way to:
- Responsibly deal with left-over paint after painting.
- Declutter your garage, shed or under the house of old paint containers.
- Recycle and reduce waste going to landfill.
- Avoid landfill fees that may apply to waste paint.
Welshpool Cleanaway WA
Address: 88-92 Radium Street, Welshpool, WA 6106
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am -2:00pm
Phone: 1800 053 784
To find out more: paintback.com.au/
Guide to Sustainability & Recycling for Kids
A great way to introduce and educate the younger generation to the importance of recycling. This site offers ways of educating and getting kids involved with recycling both in the classroom and at home.
Aimed at kids to highlight and teach kids about the 3R's - 'Reduce, Re-use, Recycle'
Reason for your rating *
Please enter the code below *