FREE WASTE DROP OFF DAY
As part of its Waste Strategy the Shire of Kalamunda organise free Drop Off Day for residents. There are currently no drop off days scheduled.
The last scheduled drop off day was in February 2016.
Check out the A-Z Disposal Guide for items which can be recycled, reused or disposed of safely including at stations.
View associated Fees & Charges.
Waste Disposal Facilities / Stations
Walliston Transfer Station
Location: 155 Lawnbrook Road, Walliston
Telephone: 9291 3896
Thursday: 8.00am - 3.30pm
Friday: 8.00am to 2.30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8.00am to 3.30pm
Closed ALL Public Holidays
EFTPOS facilities now available
- Motor vehicle batteries (compaction causes fire). Free disposal at Transfer Station.
- Tyres - Car, 4x4 or motorcycle tyres can be taken to the Transfer Station.
- Metal of any type - Unless cut to a max of 1.5m in length, width and height, and not solid. Metal can de disposed of at the Transfer Station.
For further information please call the Customer Service Hotline on 9257 9835.
Red Hill Waste Management Facility
Location:Toodyay Road, Red Hill
Telephone: (08) 9574 6235
Hazardous Waste Information: http://www.emrc.org.au/household-hazardous-waste.html
Fees & Charges: http://www.emrc.org.au/fees-and-charges.html
Monday - Friday: 7.00am - 4.00pm
Saturday: 8.00am - 4.00pm
Sunday: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Closed Good Friday, Christmas Day and New Years Day
If you are wondering what to do with any items you no longer need, why not do a garage Sale.
Why not donate to local op shops, list on sites such as freecycle.org, or Facebook buy, sell, and swop groups
Yellow-Top Recycling Bin
Is provided to each household - this is collected fortnightly. refer to Pages 8 and 9 of your Recycling Guide phamplet for full recycling A-Z listing.
Some of the items that can be placed in Recycle Bins:
- Glass Bottles & Jars (remove lids)
- Steel, Aluminium Cans & Aerosols (empty)
- Paper, Newspaper, Magazines & Cardboard
- Plastic Bottles & Containers (remove lids)<
- Milk & Juice Cartons
DO NOT PLACE in Recycle Bins:
- Dirt & Soil
- Plastic Bags
- Hazardous Waste (e.g. Batteries, Light globes)
Guide to Sustainability & Recycling for Kids
A great way to introduce and educate the younger generation to the importance of recycling. This site offers ways of educating and getting kids involved with recycling both in the classroom and at home.
Aimed at kids to highlight and teach kids about the 3R's - 'Reduce, Re-use, Recycle'
Reason for your rating *
Please enter the code below *