What am I entitled to?
Each household is provided with:
- Weekly: (Green Lid Bin) General Waste – 1 x 240lt Mobile Garbage Bin (MGB)
- Fortnightly: (Yellow Lid Bin) Recycling – 1 x 240lt MGB
- Skip bins
Residents are to place their Waste Bin and Recycle Bin out on the verge for collection before 6am.
Weight Limit: Bins are not to exceed 68kg.
Useful Contact Numbers
New/Damaged/Stolen Bins: Cleanaway – Tel: (08) 9449 3332
[Monday - Friday: 8.30am - 5.00pm]
When do my Bins get collected?
Depending on your residence you will fall under an Area One or Two cycle of recycling with both bins placed outside your residence on your nominated area cycle. Find out when your next bin day or recycling day is here or use the search option below
Service Date Changes
Due to public holiday’s, collection of household waste has been altered. Please view the table below to find the new date of collection during this time.
|Your collection dates will change over to the public holiday periods listed below
|If your normal collection day is;
||Your bin day will be collected on:
|Monday 1st January 2018
||Tuesday 2nd January 2018
|Tuesday 2nd January 2018
||Wednesday 3rd January 2018
|Wednesday 3rd January 2018
||Thursday 4th January 2018
|Thursday 4th January 2018
||Friday 5th January 2018
|Friday 5th January 2018
||Saturday 6th January 2018
|Friday 30th March 2018
||Saturday 31st March 2018
What can I put in my bin?
General Waste: Polystyrene, nappies, plastic bags, old household items, Light globes, garden waste (trimmings, leaves, lawn), ceramics, broken glass or mirrors, food scraps and general household waste.
DO NOT PLACE: car parts or car batteries, chemical waste, paint or motor oil, liquids, medicines, host ashes, sawdust, soil, building materials
Recycle: Glass bottles and jars (remove lids), steel, aluminium cans, aerosols (empty), paper, newspaper, magazines & cardboard, plastic bottles and containers (remove lids), milk and juice cartons.
Why doesn't my yellow top bin get collected weekly?
At this stage the City of Kalamunda will not be changing to a weekly collection of the yellow top bins due to financial reasons. Larger recycling bins are currently being evaluated as a replacement for weekly services.
I can't fit enough in my bin - I have too much!
There are a few alternatives that you can use if you are finding that your bin is too full. They include:
- Order a Skip Bin: As a resident of the City of Kalamunda you are entitled to 3 skip bins each financial year. The skip bins can either be General Waste Bins or Green Waste bins. If you are finding that you regularly fill your general waste bin with green waste, consider ordering a green waste skip bin. A green waste skip bin may also aid in bush fire management for your property.
- Get a worm farm or Compost Bin: Worm farms and compost bins are fantastic ways of preventing the amount of wood scraps and waste that gets sent to landfill every year. They also produce high quality compost that can then be used back in the garden. Order yours from the City
- Drop off: Recyclables and other waste including garden can be dropped off to the Walliston Transfer Station (available free to residents of the city with proof of id) which is open Thursday – Sunday
- Withhold recyclables until the next fortnight
Location of receptacles (bins)
An owner or occupier of premises shall -
(a) at all times keep the lid of the receptacle closed except when depositing rubbish or refuse or cleaning of the receptacle
(b) except for a reasonable period before and after collection time, keep the receptacle on the premises and located -
(i) behind the street alignment and not so as to be visible from a street or public place; or
(ii) in such other position as is approved by the Manager Health Services;
(c) place the receptacle within 1 metre of the edge of the carriageway adjacent to the premises, but so that it does not obstruct a foot path cycleway or other carriageways;
(d) ensure that the premises is provided with an adequate number of receptacles.
A draft Noise Management Plan has been proposed for the noise impact from pre-7am works carried out by the Shire of Kalamunda and how it will be managed and minimised. Plans have been prepared for footpath sweeping, road sweeping and litter bin servicing.
Reason for your rating *
Please enter the code below *