Call for Community representation
The purpose of the committee is advise and make recommendations to Council on a range of strategic issues which affect the quality of life of the ageing population, their families and carers living-in and visiting the City of Kalamunda.
The objectives are to consider and advise Council with regard to initiatives:
- To develop and promote the City Positive Ageing Plan.
- To ensure any City development and activities considers the Age Friendly Communities framework.
- To promote and facilitate adequate access to Residential Aged Care accommodation in the City of Kalamunda.
- To monitor trends, issues and developments occurring at the local, state and national levels for the aged care sector.
- To undertake ongoing research and analysis of the aged care sector to ensure the City is at the forefront of any development opportunities that may emerge.
- To advocate and develop relationships with the aged care sector and identify opportunities for partnership ventures.
- To consider and promote greater access to community based aged care facilities and support services.
- To investigate and promote regional approaches to aged care issues.
Nominations closed on the 27 November 2017
View Terms of Reference and Nomination Information here
Reason for your rating *
Please enter the code below *