Call for Community representation
The City of Kalamunda is seeking community representatives for the Aged Care Advisory Committee.
The purpose of the committee is advise and make recommendations to Council on a range of strategic issues which affect the quality of life of the ageing population, their families and carers living-in and visiting the City of Kalamunda.
The objectives are to consider and advise Council with regard to initiatives:
- To develop and promote the City Positive Ageing Plan.
- To ensure any City development and activities considers the Age Friendly Communities framework.
- To promote and facilitate adequate access to Residential Aged Care accommodation in the City of Kalamunda.
- To monitor trends, issues and developments occurring at the local, state and national levels for the aged care sector.
- To undertake ongoing research and analysis of the aged care sector to ensure the City is at the forefront of any development opportunities that may emerge.
- To advocate and develop relationships with the aged care sector and identify opportunities for partnership ventures.
- To consider and promote greater access to community based aged care facilities and support services.
- To investigate and promote regional approaches to aged care issues.
Nominations close on the 27 November 2017
View Terms of Reference and Nomination Information here
Reason for your rating *
Please enter the code below *