2017 / 2018 Competition Details
Currently under review and will be published once finalised.
2016 / 2017 Competition Details
If you'd like to enter our yearly Rates Prize Draw Competition, just pay your rates in full by 9th August, 2016 (please see your Annual Rate Notice for the required amounts due to be paid on or before that date).
You could be a lucky winner and share in over $10,000 worth of cash and prizes. To ensure you are eligible and understand how the competition works, please read the Terms and Conditions for entering are shown below.
View Prize Winners for 2016/17 Competition
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- This competition is a promotion run by the Shire of Kalamunda (“Promoter”).
- Entries and information on prizes and how to enter form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The competition is open to rate payers of the Shire of Kalamunda who pay the full account (including arrears) by the 9th August, 2016. Councillors and Staff are not eligible to enter nor are Government bodies and their Agencies.
- Your payment must be by cash, cheque, credit card, online or postal order. Your entry will automatically be disqualified and ineligible, if your payment is dishonoured by the financial institution concerned for any reason.
- There are 14 prizes available. To be eligible to win a prize, you must first satisfy clauses 4 and 5 above.
- At the end of the competition period, the Shire’s ‘Prize Draw’ computer program will select at random ratepayers who have paid their 2016/2017 rates assessment in full (including all arrears but not inclusive of Deferred Rates) by the 9th August, 2016. The details of the ratepayers and their payment details will be checked and then verified under the supervision of the Shire’s external auditors. Eligible winners will be required to meet all conditions in clause 4 and 5.
- The competition will commence with the mailing of the 2016/2017 rate notices by Australia Post and will close at midnight on August 9th, 2016 with the receipt of rates money either by phone, credit card, over the internet, over the counter at the Shire of Kalamunda Administration Centre, at an Australia Post Office or by other means.
- The Judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Shire of Kalamunda reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry that is not in accordance with the competition ‘Terms and Conditions’.
- Entries will only be validated once they have been received and receipted by the Shire of Kalamunda. The Shire accepts no responsibility whatsoever for late, lost or misdirected entries, whatever the cause.
- Winners will be notified by phone and mail.
- Collection of prizes must be organized by individual winners following notification of their winning entry. The promoter will not be liable for any delivery or travel costs associated with claiming a prize. The winner must collect their prize by 10th December, 2016 or it will be judged forfeited.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. The Shire of Kalamunda is neither responsible nor liable for any changes in the value of a prize occurring between the date of printing and the date the prize is claimed.
- Total prize pool is valued at over $10,000 at the date of publication of draw prizes and the prize packages are as follows:
• Shire of Kalamunda – 8 x cash prizes of $1,000 each.
• Commonwealth Bank – 1 x cash prize valued at $1,000.
• Bendigo Bank - Forrestfield & High Wycombe – 2 x Passbook Account valued at $250.
• WASO (Western Australian Symphony Orchestra) – 2 x double passes valued at over $160.00 each.
- The Shire of Kalamunda shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any of the prizes offered except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Shire of Kalamunda in its absolute discretion.
- The Shire of Kalamunda accepts no responsibility for any tax implications (including any Fringe Benefits Tax) that may arise from the prize winnings. You should seek independent, qualified financial advice about potential tax implications.
- The Shire of Kalamunda accepts no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with, or utilised in this competition or by any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of the competition. The Shire of Kalamunda assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- As a condition of accepting any prize, the winner must agree to be photographed, interviewed and/or filmed for use in any promotional, marketing or other creative initiative arranged by the Shire of Kalamunda or its agents. The Shire shall be solely responsible for all marketing and editorial control.
- The Shire of Kalamunda reserves the right to cancel or terminate the competition if, for any reason beyond the Shire’s control, the integrity of the competition or its fairness or security is compromised.
Reason for your rating *
Please enter the code below *