View / Download Concept Plan
All three amendment documents are available for viewing in the City of Kalamunda administration centre or can be accessed online via Metropolitan Region Scheme Amendment section below.
The work currently being undertaken at the MKSEA site relates to subdivision works (i.e. clearing of land, establishing new lot boundaries and connection to services etc) and not building works.
In June 2017 Council resolved to adopt Scheme Amendment 89 that rezones the land from Special Rural to General Industry and Light Industry and to introduce a Special Control Area.
View the June 2017 Council Report (item 32)
The Special Control Area includes amongst other things several conditions as detailed below:
- A BAL assessment or Contour Map, prepared in accordance with the Guidelines for Planning in Bushfire Prone Areas (as amended), demonstrating how any bushfire hazards identified can be appropriately managed within the context of the proposal to the satisfaction of the City of Kalamunda;
- A Local Water Management Strategy, prepared in accordance with Better Urban Water Management on the advice of the City of Kalamunda, to the satisfaction of the Department of Water;
- Investigations to determine if any significant vegetation, flora or fauna habitat occurs within the proposal area. Where relevant to a subdivision area or development application, detailed management plans shall be prepared and implemented to the satisfaction of the City of Kalamunda;
- Design guidelines adopted by the local government under Part 2 of the deemed provisions for development of land on Lots directly front Welshpool Road East.
In August 2014, the City of Gosnells completed all the necessary studies in support of the rezoning of the major portion of Maddington Kenwick Strategic Employment Area (MKSEA) within their boundaries, from ‘Rural’ to ‘Industrial’.
13% of MKSEA identified land is within City of Kalamunda’s boundaries. The MKSEA area in the City of Kalamunda is bounded by Welshpool Road East and City of Gosnells boundary.
Metropolitan Region Scheme Amendments
The City of Gosnells (CoG) requested the WA Planning Commission to initiate the Metropolitan Region Scheme Amendment to change the zoning from ‘Rural’ to ‘Industrial’. Following that, the City of Kalamunda requested the WA Planning Commission to include the remainder of the land identified under MKSEA within the City's boundaries, in the Amendment. Our correspondence was sent to the WA Planning Commission in November 2014.
The key stages in City of Kalamunda’s proposed planning for this area are anticipated to proceed as follows:
- MRS Amendment now completed, which has rezoned the area from Rural to Industrial
- Local Planning Scheme Amendments are currently underway and will be run in two stages
- Stage 1: West of Coldwell Road has been initiated by a developer
- Stage 2: East of Coldwell Road has not yet been progressed by any landowner or developer
- Further, more detailed planning, is likely to be undertaken by landowners and developers
State planning context
The draft Perth and Peel @ 3.5 million and associated draft North-East Sub-regional Planning Framework, the highest level strategic document for Perth and Peel, identified this area as future Industrial Expansion area.
Follow the links to the see the draft NE Subregional Framework document and plan
More information is available on the City of Gosnells website.
Indicative Concept Plan.
For any queries regarding this project section, call the City’s Strategic Planning on 9257 9930.
Reason for your rating *
Please enter the code below *