Expressions of interest for appointment to the City of Kalamunda Design Advisory Committee
The City of Kalamunda has introduced provisions into its Local Planning Scheme and adopted a Local Planning Policy to create Design Advisory Committees (DAC). The DAC panel will be established comprising up to five (5) community representatives and/or technical experts who in the opinion of the City have the relevant knowledge, experience, or expertise to give fair, reasoned, and non-biased advice on matters referred to the DAC.
View DAC Policy and Terms of Reference
The City is seeking interest from interested persons with contemporary experience and qualifications in the following professional areas:
- Urban Design
- Heritage Issues and Urban Conservation
- Energy Efficient Building Design and Sustainable Development
In preparing your application to be a member of the Design Advisory Committee please include your CV addressing the following criteria:
- Appropriate Qualifications and demonstrated expertise in architectural design, landscape architecture or urban design, or other professional area if required; ii. Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Highly regarded amongst their professional peers;
- Demonstrated expertise in design review, design critique or the provision of strategic advice on design quality issues;
- Knowledge or understanding of the State’s Planning Framework, relevant Shire policies and development controls and design issues in the local area;
- Skills and experience in analysis and application of local planning strategies and policies;
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and offer objective and constructive feedback on complex design quality issues in design review, for evaluation of complex development applications and on strategic planning matters; and
- Demonstrated good written and verbal communication to ensure that advice provided to proponents is clear and concise.
Members of the DAC will be remunerated on the basis of an hourly sitting fee for attendance at the scheduled meetings, up to a maximum of three (3) hours. Council is yet to adopt a hourly rate amount however it is estimated that the amount will be approximately $200 an hour. Please read Policy and Terms of Reference for further details.
Preference will be given to candidates that demonstrate the required experience and qualifications and also have local knowledge. Current registration with their relevant professional body is highly desirable.
Register your Interest
Expressions of interest must be received by 21 August 2017.
Applicants are required to acknowledge their understanding of the Policy and Terms of Reference, provide their area of expertise and their C.V. to:
Reason for your rating *
Please enter the code below *