Organising a public event can be a lot of hard work however the results can be very rewarding and can provide a great benefit to the community. To ensure that these events maintain public health and safety standards the City’s Health Service works closely with the organisers to ensure all issues are properly addressed. Some of the key issues include:
- The number and location of public exits from any temporary venue/ structure, in case of an emergency.
- Numbers of sanitary facilities and rubbish bins.
- General safety issues.
- Compliance with the Health (Public Buildings) Regulations 1992.
- Compliance of temporary food premises/stalls with all relevant legislation and food safety requirements.
- Ensuring noise levels generated from the events have a minimal impact on the surrounding neighbourhood and comply with the Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulations 1997.
If you are planning to hold a public event please do not hesitate to contact Council’s Health Service who are able to provide assistance with the issues raised above.
View further information and the application process for public events.
Reason for your rating *
Please enter the code below *