Application Forms


NOTE: For "Type friendly version (WORD)" format of the "BA" type forms please download from the Department of Commerce website. The links below are all "Print Friendly Version (PDF)" format.

BA01 - Certified Application for Building Permit  or
BA02 - Uncertified Application for Building Permit
A building permit is required prior to the construction of all residential and commercial buildings and any extension or alteration to an existing building and the commencement of any structural works, or laying out of a site.

BA05 - Application for a Demolition Permit or
BA22 - Application to extend a building or demolition permit
Is required for anyone who wishes to demolish any structure on a property prior to the construction of a new dwelling, residential or commercial. The BA22 form is to extend the time period allowed for a building and/or demolition Permit to be exercised.
Download Demolition Permit Checklist

BA07 - Notice of Completion
The responsible person in relation to a permit must, within 7 days of completion of the work, or the stage of the work, for which the permit was granted, give notice of completion to a relevant permit authority. A permit ceases to have effect on the day on which a notice of completion in relation to the permit is received by the permit authority under Section 33 of the Building Act 2011

BA08 - Notice of Cessation
The responsible person in relation to a permit must, before completion of the work, or the stage of the work, for which the permit was granted, give notice of cessation to act as the responsible person to a relevant permit authority. This can also be used where a builder becomes insolvent, dies or for any other reason cannot finish the works covered by a building permit.

BA09 - Application for an Occupancy Permit
An Occupancy Permit must be issued (and displayed) prior to the occupancy of any building excluding Class 1 buildings (residences), Class 10 buildings (sheds patios etc.) and incidental structures. An occupancy Permit can be applied for as a temporary occupancy permit in the case of an unfinished building or a temporary additional use for a period no longer than a year. A permanent change of a buildings use or classification also triggers an application for an occupancy certificate.

BA11 - Application for Occupancy Permit - Strata
An Occupancy Permit – Strata is for the purpose of lodging a Strata plan for registration or to re-subdivide a Strata Scheme under the Strata Titles Act 1985.

BA13 - Application for a Building Approval Certificate 
This certificate is required to start the approval process to legitimise a structure that is found to be unauthorised or unlicensed.

BA15 - Application for Building Approval Certificate Strata
To lodge a strata plan for registration under the Strata Titles Act 1985, an application for a BA15 - Building Approval Certificate Strata to accompany the strata plan, is required under the Strata Titles Act 1985 section 5B(2)(b). An application for a Building Approval Certificate Strata must be accompanied by a Certificate of Building Compliance whether from a registered independent Building Surveyor or by the City of Kalamunda.

BA20 - Notice and Request for Consent to Work affecting other Land - Encroachment or Adversely  or
BA20A - Work Affecting Other Land
New laws introduced in Western Australia under Part 6 of the Building Act 2011 require those proposing to do building work that may affect adjoining land to obtain consent or a court order.
The BA20A is necessary where a neighbour must give permission to allow a fence to be removed, to allow access to their land during construction, to erect a party wall, or to erect protection structures on adjoining land.
For more information please view the document on the Building Commission website:  A Guide: Work affecting other land

Application for Development Approval Form
Previously known as Building Codes Approval Application Form - A codes approval application is required in addition to your building permit if the design being applied for does not comply with the Residential Design Codes. This is applicable to all residential zoned lots within the City.
Application for Development Application Checklist

Sign Licence Application Form
If you wish to display a sign on the verge or any other City property then use this form. If you wish to put a sign on private property (on a building or standalone) then you will need to lodge an Application for Development Approval Form with Planning Services.

Battery Powered Smoke Alarm Approval Application Form
Is required for anyone who is unable to install mains connected hardwired smoke alarms.
Smoke Alarm Laws.

Application for a Compliance Certificate
Request for Compliance i) Certificate of Design Compliance (BA3 Form) ii) Certificate of Construction Compliance (BA17 Form) iii) Certificate of Building Compliance (BA18 Form) iv) Pool Barrier inspection certificate

Asset Protection Bond Refund Request
Note: All works must be completed before applying for the refund of your Asset Protection bond.

Form 82 - Building Service Levy - Request for Refund
Building Services Levy - this form is not used for refunds where the application was refused or where the local government still holds the levy payment.


Rate this page - Was the information useful to you?
Rate this page - Was the information useful to you?
Reason for your rating *

Please enter the code below *