Distance: 3 ½ kms return
Time: 1 – 1½ hour
Please note:: This walk trail is currently under review
Location: Start point is at the northern end of Lewis Road, Forrestfield.
Description: This is a reasonably easy walk in the Mundy Regional Park, although there are a few rocky descents. Beautiful wildflowers in spring.
Dogs Permitted: Please keep your dogs on leads unless signage permits otherwise.
Note: Trail is currently under review.
The trail markers are Shire of Kalamunda markers with a pink corner.
Start point: Park at the northern end of Lewis Road, Forrestfield
1. Commence walk down the right hand side of the creek.
2. Cross the creek and continue down the left hand side of the creek. The site of a house that spanned the creek in the 1960s is just upstream from here.
3. Continue along left hand side of the creek.
4. Turn right at the end of Orange Valley Road.
5. Continue up the hill along the path, keeping the creek on your right.
6. Do not cross the bridge, continue downstream.
7. Return to the car park.
To help reduce the spread of Phytophthora Dieback along this walk trail and in the surrounding area:
- Don’t spread soil or mud around bushland, in particular during spring & autumn;
- Stick to tracks & paths;
- Observe signage in your local bushland reserve and stay out of quarantined areas in bushland.