Distance: 3.8km – 4km
Time: 1 – 1 ½ hours
Grade: 4 - 5
Location: Schipp Road, Kalamunda.
Description: A loop walk in the Kalamunda National Park, including some sections of the Bibbulmun Track. There are several steep uphill climbs and steep loose descents.
The trail markers are mid blue
Start point: The car park on Schipp Road; there is a large sign stating Kalamunda National Park.
1. Go through the white gate on Schipp road. Proceed along Schipp Road in a northerly direction.
2. Turn off the formed Schipp Road, onto the Bibbulmun Track and follow three different signs/markers – The Kalamunda Walk Trail, the blue triangular walk trail and the Bibbulmun Track and Waugal markers.
3. The junction of the Rocky Pool Walk and the Bibbulmun Track walk; turn left and walk up hill following the Bibbulmun Walk trail signs.
4. Leave the Bibbulmun Track, which continues off to the right up to Jorgensen Park; instead continue straight ahead indicated by the blue trail markers.
5. At this point, approach Schipp Road and turn right. Return to the start point.
6. Completion of walk.
Download Interpretive Trail to Rocky Pool via Schipp Road - This picuresque walk trail meanders beside Piesse Brook on a return trip of 3.4kms. It was established in 2012 by the Friends of Piesse Brook.
To help reduce the spread of Phytophthora Dieback along this walk trail and in the surrounding area:
- Don’t spread soil or mud around bushland, in particular during spring & autumn;
- Stick to tracks & paths;
- Observe signage in your local bushland reserve and stay out of quarantined areas in bushland.