The Shire of Kalamunda do not have any authorised camping areas or overnight rest stops where people can camp.
The Department of Environment and Conservation manage the camping that occurs within the State Forests and the National Parks.
Please use the contact numbers below for any enquiries with regard to camping in these areas:
Within the Shire, we have four licensed Caravan/Camping Parks, these are:
- Discovery Holiday Parks (186 Hale Road, Forrestfield)
- Forrestfield Village Caravan Park (351 Hawtin Road, Forrestfield)
- Hillview Lifestyle Village (597 Kalamunda Road, High Wycombe)
- (Private) Advent Park (345 Kalamunda Road, Maida Vale)
Caravan parks and camping are governed by two pieces of legislation:
- Caravan Parks and Camping Grounds Act 1995
- Caravan Parks and Camping Grounds Regulations 1997
The Shire of Kalamunda does not have any local laws governing the areas covered by these pieces of legislation.
The licence is renewed each year i.e. 1st July (application/renewal form attached). I have also attached the schedule of fees and these are set by the Caravan Parks and Camping Grounds Regulations 1997.
These Regulations as well as the Act govern what the parks are allowed to have in terms of their structures, distances to be maintained etc.
Application for Grant or Renewal of Caravan Park Licence
Schedule of fees (Regs-1997)
Reason for your rating *
Please enter the code below *