Ever thought about nominating to become a Councillor, but you aren't sure if the role is for you? Then be sure to register for this free WALGA webinar to have all your questions answered.
This Webinar focuses on the following key areas:
- Parliament’s role in creating legislation for Local Government;
- how to read the Local Government Act 1995 and Regulations;
- who does what at a Local Government;
- a Councillor’s personal responsibilities; and
- consequences of improper conduct.
WALGA’S Communications webinar will be presented by James McGovern, Manager, Governance. Joining James for the Q&A session will be Lyn Fogg, WALGA’s Governance Advisor and Tony Brown, Executive Director, Governance and Organisational Services.
As with all of WALGA webinars, you will have the opportunity to ask questions during the Q&A Session at the end of the presentation. This webinar will be recorded and made available to the public within a few days of the event.
Date: Thursday, 15 August 2019
Time: 5:00pm – 6.00pm (including presentation and Q&A session)
Be quick to register as places will fill fast.
Register for this free WALGA webinar here