Closing Date: 17 August 2017
The Internal Audit service provider will be required to:
- assist the City in developing a new Internal Audit Plan* that meets legislative requirements;
- review compliance of Council policies & procedures with applicable legislative requirements and/or other applicable statutory requirements;
- conduct risk control assessments of business processes to ensure core controls are operating effectively;
- provide an annual report following reviews of financial systems, internal controls and risk assessments with recommendations for improvements. The report is to be presented to the Management team on or before 30 April of each financial year and then to be presented to the Audit & Risk Committee on or before 30 June of every financial year;
- perform effectiveness and efficiency audits on the City’s operations with the view to improving the delivery of services and reducing costs;
- review of the Annual Compliance Audit Return;
- add value to the business whilst maintaining independence;
- attend a minimum of one Audit & Risk Committee meeting every financial year and any other relevant meetings from time to time to present information and respond to questions as required;
- Undertake specific tasks requested by management
*The City’s current Internal Audit Plan has been provided with this request for guidance purposes only.
T1710.zip contains all associated documents (4 in total).